We all deserve a chance to have a shower, clean clothes and a fresh start. Most times our homeless friends are not welcome in laundromats or other places that would enable them to have this opportunity. We want to create an inviting space where people can feel comfortable coming to get cleaned up, to hang out and to get basic help…without having to do anything in return. We plan to provide the following:
- check email
- help with job applications, paperwork, etc.
- fresh clothes (as needed)
- hangout/watch tv/games
If you’d like to contribute beyond volunteering, here are some things we need:
- individually packaged snacks
- bottled water
- lemonade drink mix
- soap/body wash (travel size)
- laundry detergent
- any personal hygiene items
- games: dominoes, cards, chess, etc.
- 1-2 computers (don’t have to be new. can be an older, but working one)
OPEN DOORS is open from 3-7pm every Thursday. Email me at christen [at] babybyrds [dot] com if you have any donations or any questions. Let me know if you’d like to volunteer!