slowly but surely, i’ve been able to have more and more conversations with people about what we’re doing with eikon and at the same time, more and more people have begun showing interest (some even deciding to get onboard) and asking questions. at this point, the blog posts have been fairly broad and meant to disperse general information. there hasn’t been a tremendous amount of concrete information—which has been on purpose. at these very early phases, we’re much more concerned about sharing about our values and our goals as opposed to just dull facts about meeting places and other stuff.
but, we definitely know people want to know some of that information. so, i want to encourage everybody to let us know your questions. what do you want to know?? if you have questions, you can either post a comment or you can shoot me an email: eikon [at] beingryanbyrd [dot] com.
a friend of mine sent me a list of questions that might inspire you. he lives in a very rural and conservative setting and he decided to poke a little fun at the old school church culture that you may be aware of. maybe his list of questions will prompt your question-writing. :)
1. Will you have a steeple on this church?
2. Which version of the “New Hymns of Inspiration” will you use… vol. 11 or 12?
3. Will you have a Sunday School Hour and old fashioned Singins’ the first Sunday of every quarter?
4. What about the structure of pot luck dinners? Any insights?
5. Will you allow your deacons to drink and say a restricted list of cuss-type words?
6. Will this church be officially known as the First Eikon Holiness Saints of the Order of Luke Trinitarian Community Church?
7. Remember, if you aint got two candles a cross and a very huge bible in front of your pulpit or other sacred desk type aparatus, it aint church.
8. Will you be encouraging your faithful, tithing members to go door to door, annoying the entire community?
9. Will you allow any form of cheese in this said fellowship?
so, what are you questions? post a comment or shoot me an email!